IGCSE PAPER 1 REVISION - C9. A Divided Union; Civil Rights in the USA 1945-74
Which units are covered by Paper 1?
Paper 1 covers two of the units that you have studied: 'A3. Autocracy & Revolt in Russia 1881 - 1914' & 'C9.A Divided Union; Civil Rights in the USA 1945-74' . This page covers the USA, see link at the bottom for Russia. You will have 90 minutes in the exam to answer all questions in each section. The question types are the same for both - you will find examination technique advice in the section below which applies to both units.
What will the examination paper look like? Open the document below for an example of the examination paper - make sure that you are very familiar with the layout and that you know which options to choose (A3 & C9 only)
1. Syllabus Checklist Use this to ensure that you work methodically through your revision.
2. Content Revision Guide Use this revision summary and timeline to help you revise. Your notes from each lesson should be your primary resource as they are much more detailed and useful.
3. Revision Summary Diagrams Download these summary diagrams and complete them using the guide above and your notes. This will help you to consolidate and analyse the material. It is advised to print and complete by hand, but they are editable too.
4. Exemplar Questions and Answers a) Work through this set of questions from the 2015 paper. Plan and write your responses to a 45 minute time limit. b) Work through the annotated exemplar answers and compare them to yours. Focus on identifying where you need to develop your structure or use of evidence.
5. Past Paper Questions with Advice and Mark Schemes This is a comprehensive list of all the past questions available for this unit, plus many more. You should try to plan / answer all of them as part of your revision. The question structure advice and mark schemes will help you to self assess.